Friday, November 8, 2013

U.S. and Canada Travel Map

Judy recently showed me a website that allows you to visually record by map the U.S. states and Canadian provinces you have visited. I keep a record of the states and countries I've visited, so I decided to try it out. The site is here. The color coding is as follows: (1) Red - I've touched it by visiting the airport or driving through without stopping; (2) Amber - I've at least slept there, or visited a few places; (3) Blue - I've traveled a little more extensively and seen multiple things and/or stayed multiple nights; and (4) Green - I've had multiple visits, or lived there and spent a fair amount of time.

Updated: November 24, 2018

So far I've visited 49 states (I'm only missing North Dakota) and 8 Canadian provinces. 


6 comments:

  1. What's holding us up? Let's get to those last seven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, one day I hope to be able to visit all 50 state capitols. You should do a blog post about each state.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice tool, but awful user design. The color scheme should have used something like an increasingly darker shade for states where you've had more in-depth visiting. These colors are meaningless, and require you to constantly refer to the "key."

    ReplyDelete
  4. You would like Michigan and Ontario. They offer a unique region that blends with and yet remains different from the rest of the continent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to spend some time in the back country of both areas. I hope it is not too many years away that I can do it.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete